What We Offer:
We understand the difficulties new fund managers have when entering the market, particularly around the complexity of the various possible fund structures, licensing requirements, attracting capital and the high upfront and ongoing costs associated with setting up and administering an alternatives fund, private equity fund, property fund or debt fund.
We offer start up fund managers a holistic fund formation service at a commercial rate which is realistic for new fund managers. Our team of fund formation and administration experts would guide you through every step of the fund structuring and formation process.
Once a fund is formed, our team will continue to ensure that all the internal administration responsibilities are looked after, thereby giving investors, funds and fund managers peace of mind that their capital is processed and accounted for.
Our Typical Client:
Our clients are fund managers, entrepreneurs, corporates and family offices who are looking for guidance and support to structure, form and administer their fund.
Our Role In Your Fund
CLICK ON THE STAGES OR ARROWS BELOW TO NAVIGATE →
In order to form your fund, our teams would consult with you to understand your objectives, who the role players are, your investment mandate and the initial funding to be made.
- Client engagements to provide a tailored solution
- Determine fund vehicle and structure accordingly
FUND FORMATION & IMPLEMENTATION
Once the final structure is formed, our team will (with the assistance of legal counsel) finalise and implement the legal framework.
- Legal agreements (partnership agreement, investment agreement, MOI etc.)
- Key Individual appointment
- Operational registers
- Policy documents
- Procedure documents
- Fund structure implementation
- Setting up of bank accounts
We ensure that all the necessary documentation and structures are in order so that capital raising can run smoothly.
- Drafting of fundraising documents
- Preparing investors’ documents
- Investor due diligence checks
- Launch, closings and equalisations
- FATCA/CRS reporting
- Cash and bank account management
Our role as your partner is to ensure that administrative functions are in place to allow for timeous capital calls and deployment.
- Secretarial services
- SPV administrative services
- Investor capital calls, including dealing with investor queries
- Deploying capital within required timeframes
ADMINISTRATION, MONITORING AND REPORTING
Once capital is deployed, we administer and monitor the investments in accordance with the FSCA’s requirements and report thereon when required to.
- Preparation of annual International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) financial statements
- Preparation of management accounts
- Liaising with the auditors
- Reporting to investors and the FSCA
REALISING INVESTMENTS AND WINDING UP
At the end of the investment term, we assist you with the administrative process associated with exits.
- Investor distribution
- Calculation and processing of provision for carry fees
- Executing the close procedures and calculation
- Issuing the close notices to investors – both existing and subsequent investors
- Distribution of close monies to existing investors